Goals of the Environmental Policy of PJSC IDGC of the North-West are:
- to reduce charges for adverse environmental impacts;
- to improve corporate social responsibility.
In order to be more environmentally sustainable, by preserving, restoring, and ensuring sustainable use of natural resources, in 2015, the Company approved the Environmental Policy of PJSC IDGC of the North-West for
- Environmental action plans for 2016.
- Waste of hazard class
1 to 4handling rules.
- Administrative regulatory documents (orders and official instructions) pertaining to environmental safety.
The environmental priorities of PJSC IDGC of the North-West under the approved Environmental Policy Implementation Plan include the reduction of adverse environmental impact and assessment of environmental efforts for improvement.
The main environmental objectives of PJSC IDGC of the North-West are:
- prevention of land pollution with transformer oil through timely repairs and rebuild of oil headers, oil pipes, and emergency oil traps;
- development and approval of sanitary protection zone designs for artesian wells used for water supply to branch facilities;
- arrangement of temporary waste accumulation sites;
- implementation of the replacement and utilization plan for the equipment containing polychlorinated biphenls (PBCs);
- control over contractor compliance with the environmental requirements at the Company’s facilities.
The Company’s strategic environmental objectives for a period of up to 2016 is improvement of the environmental management system, environmental audits for integrated assessment of environmental efforts, and development of related improvement actions.